Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Support Sections Completed for Mississippi River Rotating Bridge

While watching my two favorite NFL teams, the Bears and the Chiefs, lose on TV, I completed five more support sections for the Mississippi River rotating bridge.  I now have eleven out of fourteen support sections done.  I would have done all of them, but I ran out of 1/16" and 3/32" I-Beams that are used for diagonal bracing.  Its starting to look more and more like a bridge!  Once I get the bridge completely assembled I will remove it from the layout for painting with my airbrush.  I will need to remove the control house during the painting, so I did not glue the support section immediately to the right of the main center support sections that hold the control house.  This will allow for the removal of the house.  While the bridge is removed, I will remove the other two bridges and work on the piers and water.  I still need to reduce the height of the round pier and paint all of them.  Before the bridges are re-installed, I will need to work on the bridge track.  The bridge track will need code 40 guard rails installed and will also need to be painted.  Once all that is done, I re-install the bridges and turn my attention to the photo backdrop of the Highway 30 bridge.  If I'm lucky, I'll get it all done by Thanksgiving.


2 comments: