Saturday, December 18, 2010

Open House for St. Paul School Children

The UPRR Geneva Subdivision conducted an open house for children of St. Paul Lutheran School of Rochelle, IL where I am Principal and my wife is Kindergarten teacher. It was a lot of fun to see the children excitedly watching the trains. We had a few mishaps, but for the most part everything went very well. There were a few derailments due to children getting a little too close with their fingers as they counted the cars. Also had one head on collision due to someone pushing a button which crossed a train from one mainline to the other. No one would admit that they were the one that pushed the button. :) Nothing hit the floor during the open house so I am happy about that. Fifty three people visited over 2.5 hours and I think everyone had a good time. I know I did. The first picture below show the most popular part of the layout for the kids. Its also where we had the most mishaps. I think they liked that they could get close to the trains and plus,it was pretty cool to have the trains come out of the stairs.

 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment