I printed out the reduced drawings, taped it to Evergreen .030" V-groove styrene, cut out the four sides and glued them together. Since the windows go completely around the tower, the windows were cut off completely making the roof section separate from the rest of the structure. I also added a floor.
To connect the roof section to the base, I glued four .030"X.030" styrene strips to the base. I then glued the roof section to the four posts.
Next, I used more .030"X.030" strips to represent the remaining posts and to strengthen to connection. Lastly, I added four small horizontal pieces to complete the windows according to the prototype.
Here's a comparison with the full size mock up.
At this point, I need to paint the structure, put in an interior and add window glazing. Stay tuned!