Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stimulus Funds Provide for Road Construction on Geneva Sub

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get stimulus money for our model railroad construction projects? Just think how many N scale people would be provided jobs and, even though they are just 1/160 normal size, I'm sure Obama would count each one as a full job!

Anyway, I used "smooth it" from Woodland Scenics to pave the hgihway through the Rock River scene.  My first time using smooth it which is basically very fine plaster that is poured between sticky tape that act as forms.  I like the results and it wasn't too hard to use, although quite messy.  Previously I would cut roads out of styrene.  Not as messy, but I think the smooth it looks better.  Next I will be building the highway bridge.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. What is the lead unit on the coal train? and who makes it? It looks awesome by the way! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete