Sunday, April 11, 2010

Turnouts 100-103 for Engine Facilities

I spent the weekend working on some more turnouts, specifically for the Proviso engine facilities.  I spent the first part of the weekend working on wiring plans for the control panel.  Ran short of available inputs in the area of engine facilities so I needed to figure out the best plan of attack and then carry the plan out.  Ended up using an available SE8c's 8 inputs for the the Proviso yard throat which made 8 inputs from a Team Digital SRC16 available for the engine facilities.  The SRC16 is installed directly under the engine facilities so it will be just a short run to control panel.  Once I got that taken care of, I turned my attention to building the four turnouts.  These fours turnouts, together with the two already installed will provide 4 engine tracks (double ended engine yard).  Eventually there will be 6 or 7 engine tracks total.  More on whether it will be 6 or 7 later.  Hopefully I will find some time this week to build a control pannel and install the turnouts.  The bottom picture show the two tracks that are currently in use and are very crowded.  The two right hand turnouts will go on the west end of the engine yard while the two left hand turnouts will go on the east end.

No comments:

Post a Comment