Monday, November 20, 2017

Elmhurst Passenger Station

Just completed assembly of the Kato passenger station kit for use as the Elmhurst Metra station.  The kit's prototype is the Schaumberg Metra station, which is larger than the Elmhurst station.  However, I felt it was a good match for use in Elmhurst.  The kit was a bit expensive, but it is a high quality kit and produces a very nice structure which work nicely as a Metra Station. I especially like the brickwork with mortar.  As you can see from the photo, I did not plan real well so the kit extends off the layout.  I will build a short "bump out" to support the kit. I also plan to add narrower 3/4" platforms extending in both directions about 12".


1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a Metra station - didn't realise Kato/Faller did one! I see my local N scale supplier has them, so I might get one or two (I'll need a few more for my next layout as well).

    ReplyDelete